What’s more attractive than an outdoor meal on a hot summer day? For example, imagine the ashen grey of coal becoming bright red, the aroma of the food roasting on your barbecue and stimulating everyone’s appetite. There are delicious juicy steaks, chicken wings or sausages. Also, you can certainly cook fish and vegetables. This kind of food tastes better outdoors with a beer or a glass of good wine. On the other hand, there are essential sauces for grilled meat to surprise your friends’ palate.
There are many reasons for making a dip, above all, sauces make the simplest dishes tastier. Today, we want to share five perfect sauces or dips to enhance the flavour and aroma of the steaks and other foods you cook on your grill. The sauces range is limited, so it is tough to pick just four. Anyway, we hope you love this list and try at your outdoor space to accompany your meat.
Sauces are crucial to barbecue events, but if they are industrial, they can shoot calories. A trick to know the amount of oil that takes a pot dressing is to look at the list of ingredients. If you don’t like to buy this sauces at the supermarket, we have gathered here a combination of healthier options you can prepare with ingredients you have at your place like dijon mustard, lemon, avocados and lemon.
Homemade barbecue sauce recipe
An easy-to-make homemade sauce with just a few ingredients, certainly the ones you have in your fridge. Most importantly, this sauce is ready in about 15 minutes, and you can use it in meat, chicken ribs and even salads. You can also check on Jamie Oliver’s BBQ sauce recipe.
What you need
- 2 cups of your favourite ketchup.
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- ½ of brown sugar.
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- ¼ teaspoon of hot sauce (this is optional and just if you like that spicy touch.
- 1 teaspoon of BK Perfect Barbecue Spice Rub seasoning.
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium saucepan situated over medium heat.
- Allow to come to bubbles and then reduce the heat to low.
- Let it simmer until thickened for about 10 minutes in a meagre fire.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool slightly and store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator. This sauce can last a week in the fridge.
Authentic Chimichurri sauce recipe for grilled meat
Have you ever heard about Chimichurri sauce? It is a loose oil-based condiment that comes from Argentina and Uruguay and is the most essential sauce for grilled meat or churrasco. This sauce is also known as “The Argentinian pesto“.
What you need
- 1 cup of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3-4 garlic cloves finely chopped (However, if you don’t like the strong flavour of garlic just add 2)
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Firstly mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- If you are preparing this meal just before you eat it with your barbecue, let it sit for 5-10 minutes to release all the flavours into the oil before using it.
- The ideal is to prepare it earlier than needed and refrigerate for a minimum of two hours.
The best Mexican ‘Pico de gallo’ recipe
The classic Mexican tomato sauce or dip. This healthy low-calorie sauce is ideal for preparing in no time and to the ones that want to refresh during the grilling heat.
What you need
- 1 1/2 pounds red tomatoes, chopped (about 8 small or 4 large ones)
- An onion, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium jalapeño or serrano pepper, finely diced (seeds and membranes removed)
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves (about a bunch)
- Salt to your taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the onion, jalapeño, lime juice and salt.
- Let it marinate while you chop the tomatoes and cilantro.
- Add the tomatoes and cilantro to the bowl and stir to combine, making sure to distribute the juices left at the bottom of the bowl.
- Taste it and adjust with more salt.
- You can also add a diced avocado to get a variation of the traditional Pico de Gallo recipe and impress everyone with your sauce.
#BBQTip Use only ripe, red tomatoes. They are more aromatic than a pink one. Also, if you want a sauce with fewer seeds and excess of liquid at the bottom, you can remove the seeds and the excess liquid.
Chunky Guacamole recipe
This is one the easiest to prepare guacamole sauce recipe for grilled meat. It combines fresh, high-quality ingredients and most importantly, it can be prepared quickly. You can make it a few minutes before eating it.
What you need
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- ½ ripe chopped tomato with seed and pulp removed.
- 1/4 cup of minced of onion (the type of onion you want)
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro finely chopped. Include the leaves and tender stems.
- A dash of grated black pepper
- Firstly cut the avocados in half and remove flesh and seed. Then, place it in a bowl.
- Secondly, roughly mash the avocado using a fork. Remember the guacamole should be a little chunky, so don’t overdo it.
- Add the lemon juice and the salt. The acid of the lemon will help delay the avocados from turning brown.
- Add the rest of ingredients and mix until you have a homogeneous mix.
- If you are not eating it at the moment, cover it with plastic wrap to prevent it reaches air. Then refrigerate until you are ready to serve it.
#BBQTip Use ripe avocados to make guacamole. In conclusion, the trick for mastering this recipe is using ripe avocados. Otherwise, the avocados will be hard and tasteless. Therefore, you can check this by pressing the outside of the fruit.
Spicy honey mustard sauce
The honey mustard sauce is usually served with chicken, turkey or vegetables. This is another essential homemade easy-to-prepare sauce for grilled meat or chicken.
What you need
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of BK Perfect Steak Spice Rub.
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Secondly, cover and chill in refrigerator overnight.